June 29, 2016 after long and quality restoration for museum static exposition, beatiful prewar T-26 tank type 1937, cylindrical turret, 45mm gun, no frame antenna with stars on sides of turret according to original photograph taken in summer of 1942 region Stalingrad.
Museum stalingrad-battle Director mr. Alexey Vasin.
Honorable guard company passing with a parade march
Tank Veterans ww2 with modern Stalingrad tank reenactors
T-26 in summer of 1942, southern front
tank is painted to exact as it was used before Stalingrad battle
Торжественная церемония представления нового экспоната состоялась 29 июня 2016 года при участии ветеранов Великой Отечественной войны, Вооруженных Сил РФ, роты Почетного караула, участников военно-исторических клубов.
Раритетную машину в дар музею передал реставратор и меценат, директор ООО “Лейбштандарт”, Дмитрий Бушмаков.
The T-26 tank was a was a development of the British Vickers 6-Ton tank and was one of the most successful tank designs of the 1930s until its light armour became vulnerable to newer anti-tank guns. It was produced in greater numbers than any other tank of the period, with more than 11,000 units manufactured. During the 1930s, the USSR developed 53 variants of the T-26, including flame-throwing tanks, combat engineer vehicles, remotely controlled tanks, self-propelled guns, artillery tractors, and armoured carriers. Twenty-three of these were series-produced, others were experimental models.
The T-26 and BT were the main tanks of the Red Army‘s armoured forces during the interwar period. The T-26 was the most important tank of the Spanish Civil War and played a significant role during the Battle of Lake Khasan in 1938, as well as in the Winter War in 1939–40. Though nearly obsolete by the beginning of World War II, the T-26 was the most numerous tank in the Red Army’s armoured force during the German invasion of the Soviet Union in June 1941. The T-26 fought the Germans and their allies during the Battle of Moscow in 1941–42, the Battle of Stalingrad and the Battle of the Caucasus in 1942–1943; some tank units of the Leningrad Front used their T-26s until 1944. Soviet T-26 light tanks last saw use in August 1945, during the defeat of the Japanese Kwantung Army in Manchuria.
The T-26 was exported and used extensively by Spain, China and Turkey. Captured T-26s were used by the Finnish, German, Romanian and Hungarian armies. The tank was reliable and simple to maintain, and its design was continually modernised between 1931 and 1941. No new models of the T-26 were developed after 1940.